In 2019-20 I worked on redeveloping my website about the science of meditation. And after a longer period of relative silence, I am happy to announce the relaunch of the Meditation Research Website at: meditation-research.org.uk. The site now features hugely improved and extended content.
WHAT DOES THE SITE NOW OFFER?
As before (but far more frequently) it offers timely comments and analysis about current research into meditation and mindfulness, keeping a finger on the pulse of meditation science. In addition, and this is a major step, the site now hosts a knowledge base with curated information. I also created an associated YouTube channel with further information.
The newly developed site now has three sections:
- Our Meditation Research Blog – for running commentaries on the latest developments in meditation research, book reviews and other content we deem worth sharing. The blog, is – and will remain – free.
- Our curated Knowledge Base – a continuously developing resource for researchers, practitioners, and everyone else interested in the science of meditation. Access to the knowledge base is subscription-based, with a range of attractive membership options.
- Our Meditation Research Lab displays the research we carry out at the Research Centre for Brain and Behaviour, Liverpool John Moores University.
We want this site to be your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about meditation research.
- The site will not stand still but will be regularly updated and expanded to reflect the growing scientific understanding of meditation.
- If you need condensed information about a specific topic, as a member you can submit topic requests that we aim to fulfil within a reasonable time.
FOR WHOM IS IT?
If you are a mindfulness trainer, a therapist, counsellor, coach, or offer meditation to your clients in the work context, you will be able to find the scientific background needed for your work – in an accessible format.
If you are a meditator with a scientific streak, you will enjoy this additional angle on your meditation practice.